|Cradle of Hope|
|Series:||Xena: Warrior Princess (1995)|
|Broadcast:||September 25, 1995|
|Following Story:||The Path Not Taken|
Pandora, who happens to be the original Pandora's granddaughter, is traveling from place to place guarding the legendary box. Meanwhile, Xena and Gabrielle find a baby in the bulrushes. It transpires that King Gregor is out to find the baby because of a prophecy saying that the child shall grow up and take his throne. Xena and Gabrielle protect the child from an evil captain of the guards who plots in secrecy to overthrow the king. Xena figures out that the king was meant to adopt the baby since his own child died with its mother in childbirth. The king takes a liking to both the baby and Pandora, and he promises to guard both her and the box.
- Gabrielle: Good morning. You sleep okay?
- Xena: Like a rock. How about you?
- Gabrielle: On a rock. I kept trying to find that one patch of ground that didn't have a boulder on it. (hearing a squalling noise) What's that? Is that a cat? A big cat? Or, or, or a griffin, yeah. A big griffin with a cat in its mouth.
- Gabrielle: Do you know there's a reward out for us? It's over a thousand dinars. I'm tempted to turn myself in.
- Xena: If I wanted to kill you, you'd be dead already.
- Lucy Lawless as Xena
- Renée O'Connor as Gabrielle
- Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Pandora
- Edward Newborn King Gregor
- Simon Prast as Nemos
- Christine Bartlett as Philana
- Tony Bishop as Weasel
- Alan De Malmanche as Old Man
- Lathan Gains as Kastor
- Paul Minifie as Innkeeper
- Paul Norell as Street Vendor
- Kirstie O'Sullivan as Ophelia
- Carl Straker as Young Man
- Beryl Te Wiata as Cynara
- Susan Winter as Woman
Background information and notes
- They always had a professional testfire the alcohol before Lucy did her firebreathing gag, and once when the alcohol content was too high the stuntie's face caught on fire. He was okay, but it made her always pay very close attention to what she was doing. She always drank milk before she did it to coat the lining of her mouth and stomach.
Continuity and mistakes
- It seems surprising that Nemos doesn't recognize that it is Xena under disguise. Firstly, it seems the party is a habitual thing which means he would or at least should know all the servants. Secondly, he already met Xena with Gregor earlier on so when she spoke in his chambers, he should have recognized her voice.
- To cut down Pandora from the rope.
- To kill the soldier who was attacking Pandora.
- No babies were harmed during the production of this motion picture.