|Here She Comes...Miss Amphipolis|
|Series:||Xena: Warrior Princess (1995)|
|Broadcast:||January 20, 1997|
|Previous Story:||The Xena Scrolls|
Disguising herself as a contestant, Xena enters the Miss Known World beauty pageant in order to flush out whoever is trying to sabotage the event and incite a war.
- Xena: Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!
- Lucy Lawless as Xena
- Renée O'Connor as Gabrielle
- Robert Trebor as Salmoneus
- Karen Dior as Miss Artiphys
- John Sumner as Lord Clarion
- Calvin Tuteao as Dhoge of Mesini
- Simone Russell as Miss Mesini
- Stan Wolfgramm as Palantine of Parnassus
- Jennifer Becker as Miss Parnassus
- Timothy Lee as Regent of Skiros
- Katherine Kennard as Miss Skiros
- Brenda Kindall as Pageant Matron
Background information and notes
- On an airing of this episode in the United Kingdom, the episode was lacking its usual disclaimer and had in its place: "In loving memory of Keith K Walsh". Keith Walsh was Chris Manheim's brother who passed away in 1992 due to complications from AIDS. He was the inspiration for the Miss Artiphys character in this story.
- Miss Artiphys was in turn portrayed by Karen Dior, an adult video star in the LGBT pornography genre, who had recently moved out of porn and into mainstream film and TV. In 1995, two years before the episode aired, Dior had, herself, been diagnosed with AIDS. In the episode, Dior, as Artiphys, kisses Xena/Lucy Lawless, an act that challenged then-current notions regarding AIDS and methods of transmission of the disease. She died of AIDS-related complications in 2004.
- Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor appeared at the The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras of February 1999, and Lawless wore the gown Miss Amphipolis wore in this episode, and O'Connor wore the gown she wore as Tyrella in If the Shoe Fits, including tiara!
Continuity and mistakes
- No ribbons were harmed during the production of this motion picture. However, several experienced severe motion sickness.