|Series:||Xena: Warrior Princess (1995)|
|Writer:||Steven L. Sears|
|Broadcast:||November 11, 1996|
|Following Story:||Ten Little Warlords|
Xena's life takes a nightmarish turn when Callisto escapes from the Underworld by infiltrating her dreams.
- Gabrielle : " This is such a mess! You wish you hadn't killed her, Joxer wishes he had killed her and I wish she'd never been born. I guess Callisto won after all."
- Callisto as Xena: "You can't figure it out, can you? I look like Xena. I even smell like Xena. But something tells you I'm not. Poor, dumb animal. You don't know what's going on. You don't know whether to run or stay. Well, you should've run."
- Xena as Callisto: Thank you, only someone with a brave heart would stand up to Callisto for a horse.
- Lucy Lawless as Xena and Callisto
- Renée O'Connor as Gabrielle
- Hudson Leick as Callisto and Xena
- Ted Raimi as Joxer
- Kevin Smith as Ares
- Erik Thomson as Hades
- Darien Takle as Cyrene
- David Te Rare as Theodorus
Background information and notes
- This episode had the working title Callisto's Nightmare.
- Due to an accident Lucy Lawless suffered, the ending of this episode was re-tooled to keep Xena's soul in Callisto's body.
- The original airing order of the episodes after Destiny were to be The Execution, Blind Faith, and then A Day in the Life. Because of Lucy Lawless' accident, the producers retooled or recast some shows in the can and wrote a couple more shows to cover for Ms. Lawless' incapacity.
- During the scene with Xena, Callisto and Ares in Tartarus, Callisto briefly begins to play with her navel as they speak. This was purely improvised by Hudson Leick.
Continuity and mistakes
- Argo was not harmed during the production of this motion picture. However, she is undergoing intensive psychotherapy to help her work through her resentment and feelings of distrust toward Xena.