|The Xena Scrolls|
|Series:||Xena: Warrior Princess (1995)|
|Writer:||Robert Sidney Mellette |
Nora Kay Foster
|Broadcast:||January 13, 1997|
|Previous Story:||A Solstice Carol|
|Following Story:||Here She Comes...Miss Amphipolis|
In 1940 Macedonia, a determined archaeologist and a visitor to her excavation site stumble upon the "Xena Scrolls," ancient manuscripts that chronicle the Warrior Princess's adventures.
- Janice Covington: Sayonara, sucker!
- Lucy Lawless as Melinda Pappas
- Renée O'Connor as Janis Covington
- Ted Raimi as Jack Kleinman and Ted Raimi
- Kevin Smith as Ares
- Mark Ferguson as John Smythe
- Ajay Vasisht as Nikos
- Robert Tapert as Robert Tapert
Background information and notes
- The character of Janice Covington was clearly based on Indiana Jones.
Continuity and mistakes
- When Mel is knocked out by the Chakram fusing, she falls to the ground with no sign of a sword anywhere near her, but a sword is right at hand when she crawls back up.
- In the final 1940 scene when Ted Raimi throws the backpack onto his shoulder, several of the scrolls fly out and hit Lucy Lawless, who tries very studiously to ignore it so they can keep shooting.
- Xena merged both light and dark Chakrams in Chakram, but in the future, the original, single Chakram is used.
- No Hollywood producers were harmed during the production of this motion picture.